||Each third Thursday of the month the CRC picks a different topic and conducts a short webinar to give you exposure to PeopleSoft. Topics are related to Finance (Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Budget Monitoring, and so on) and Human Capital Management (Human Resources, Absence Management, Time & Labor, Payroll, and so on). For upcoming demos, registration is required; the URL and connection information will be sent to you upon registration. All previous demos were recorded and can be viewed online. If you would like to submit an idea for a topic, please email Peyri Herrera at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General PeopleSoft Demos
Employee Self-Service (ESS) Demos
Demos by Month
- Finance Query Manager
- Date: Thursday, April 20, 2017
- Description: This demo is appropriate for districts and charter schools interested in allowing a limited number of employees to be responsible for editing and creating queries in PeopleSoft Finance. We will explain what the Query Manager screen is, review the terms and conditions for using this particular screen, discuss the training opportunities, and demonstrate what is covered at training.
- Audience: PeopleSoft Finance Contacts, users experienced with Excel and database structure (tables, fields, criteria, joins, etc.)
- Demo | Third Thursday April 2017 - Finance Query Manager.pptx
- Clearing Payroll Suspense
- Date: Thursday, March 16, 2017
- Description: In this demo we demonstrate how to find payroll items that have gone to suspense and how to clear them.
- Audience: Finance staff that are responsible for clearing suspense.
- Demo | Clearing Payroll Suspense Job Aid
- HCM Queries to Help Improve Payroll Results
- Date: Thursday, February 16, 2017
- Description: In this demo we demonstrate Queries that can be run throughout the payroll cycle to improve final payroll results.
- Audience: HR, Benefits, Payroll staff that are responsible for entering employee data that is used for payroll.
- Auditor's Transfer Processing Updates Effective February 1, 2017
- Date: Thursday, January 19, 2017
- Description: In this demo we demonstrate changes that will occur in Auditor's transfer processing effective February 1, 2017.
- Audience: Finance staff who are responsible for creating Auditor's Transfers
- Demo | Job Aid
- Employee Names vs User Names
- Date: Thursday, December 15, 2016
- Description: In this demo we run the M_EMPLOYEE_VS_USER query in HCM and explain: Why might an employee’s name show up differently on certain screens in PeopleSoft? What is the difference between an “employee” and a “user”? Where are employees’ names entered? Where are email addresses entered and how are those email addresses used?
- Audience: HR Department, staff responsible for maintaining or reviewing employee names and email addresses
- Demo | Employee Names vs User Names v1.0.pdf
- 1099 Processing
- Date: Thursday, November 17, 2016
- Description: In this demo we show you how to (A) verify Supplier information, (B) update 1099 withholding and information, (C) report independent contractors/ASB Suppliers, (D) review the mismatch spreadsheet and fix errors, (E) update mismatch vouchers, and (F) do a final review. Refer to the 1099 guide for steps.
- Audience: Staff responsible for 1099 processing
- Demo | 1099 Processing in PeopleSoft v3.1.pdf | Announcement: Important 1099 dates for 2016
- Retiree Benefits
- Date: Thursday, October 20, 2016
- Description: In this demo we provide a high level overview of the administrative process for organizations that offer benefits to their retired employees. To set up an individual employee to receive retiree benefits, the process requires action by multiple disciplines. In order to take an employee through the entire process, you and/or your organization's colleagues need to be able to add rows to Job Data, DBT, Position, Enroll in Benefits, Additional Pay, and General Deduction screens.
- Audience: HR, Benefits, and Payroll staff
- Demo | Retiree Benefits Guide v1.1.pdf
- TA and ER Quick Start Directions
- Date: Thursday, September 15, 2016
- Description: This demo is for districts and charter schools that use PeopleSoft Travel & Expenses to create travel authorizations (TAs) and expense reports (ERs). We show how to create a TA, view a TA, create an ER from a TA, and create a blank ER. We also point out where to find directions in the T&E guide for performing additional functions.
- Audience: Employees who would like to learn how to enter a TA/ER (from an organization using this functionality); district office staff who would like to learn more about this functionality
- Demo | PeopleSoft TA and ER Quick Start Directions v2.0.pptx | TE1 Travel and Expenses for Employees Guide v2.0.pdf
- Users & Roles
- Date: Thursday, August 18, 2016
- Description: In this demo we explain how users are set up (and how they are different than "employees" in HCM) and review Finance and HCM roles. We also show some queries you can run related to users/roles.
- Audience: District office staff involved with determining which roles a user should have; staff who submit HEAT tickets for Security
- Demo | Users and Roles in PeopleSoft v1.0.pptx
- Import Budget Journals from a CSV File
- Date: Thursday, July 21, 2016
- Description: In this demo we walk you through the four parts of importing budget journals: (1) Populate the Excel file template (BudgetJournalTemplate.xlsx) following the specific file layout specifications, (2) Use MACRO_file.xlsm to convert the Excel file to a CSV file, (3) Use the Import Budget Journal screen to upload the CSV file, and (4) Process the created budget journal using the Enter Budget Journals screen.
- Audience: Finance staff who work with budgets
- Demo | Importing Budget Journals v1.0.pdf
- Files: BudgetJournalTemplate.xlsx and MACRO_file.xlsm are available for download here in the Budget Monitoring section
- Combo Codes 101
- Date: Thursday, June 16, 2016
- Description: In this demo we review combo codes based on these questions:
- What is a combo code? On which screens do they appear? How are they created? How do you read the descriptions? Which queries contain combo codes? How do you search for a combo code? How do you inactivate a combo code?
- Audience: Finance staff who create budgets; HCM users who work with combo codes, DBT, Timesheet, and/or PAF
- Demo | Third Thursday Combo Codes 101.pptx | Related Announcement: 10 things to know about combo codes
- Entering Absence Requests in PeopleSoft ESS
- Date: Thursday, May 19, 2016
- Description: In this demo we show you what it looks like when an employee enters his/her absence request in PeopleSoft ESS (Employee Self-Service) and how a manager approves the request, also from ESS. This demo is appropriate for districts and charter schools interested in implementing absence request entry in ESS.
- Audience: HR staff, decision makers within the organization who will opt to enable this feature
- Demo | PeopleSoft Employee Self-Service Guide v1.2.pdf (refer to pages specific to Absences) | PeopleSoft ESS Absence Requests Presentation v1.0.pptx
- Entering Time on the Timesheet
- Date: Thursday, April 21, 2016
- Description: In this Timesheet demo we cover how to enter time for hourly/daily employees who will only receive a paycheck when time is entered on the timesheet and salary employees where there is an exception to the regular time worked, for example overtime, vacation, jury duty, etc.
- Audience: Timekeepers, Time & Labor Administrators
- Manager Approvals in PeopleSoft Finance
- Date: Thursday, March 17, 2016
- Description: This demo is for managers who need to approve Finance items, like purchasing requisitions and budget transfers. We will show (1) how to log in, enter a security question, and confirm your email address, (2) approve from the email link, (3) approve from the Finance worklist, (4) change your password, verify your email address, (5) select an alternate user for approvals for a specified date range, and (6) FAQs.
- Audience: Managers who approve items in PeopleSoft Finance
- Demo | PeopleSoft Finance Manager Approvals Guide v1.0.pdf | Manager Approvals in PeopleSoft Finance Presentation v1.0.pptx
- Creating a New DBT When the Department Changes on the Position
- Date: Thursday, February 18, 2016
- Description: Learn the steps needed when the department was changed on a position and therefore the relationship between the DBT (Department Budget Table) and the position no longer exists. As a result, a new DBT must be created with the new department number. These critical steps are necsary so the earnings and fringes for the incumbents in this position will not go to suspense based on the effective date of the department change on the Add/Update Position screen.
- Audience: Staff responsible for maintaining the DBT
- Demo | DBT February 2016 Third Thursday Demo.pptx
- Updating Personal Information in PeopleSoft ESS
- Date: Thursday, January 21, 2016
- Description: In this demo we demonstrate how employees can review and update their address, phone numbers, email address, and emergency contacts using PeopleSoft Employee Self-Service (ESS). NOTE: Your district or charter school must be live in PeopleSoft HCM to enable this feature.
- Audience: Human Resources staff, employees who use PeopleSoft ESS
- Demo | PeopleSoft ESS Personal Information Pagelet v1.0.pptx
- Supplier Management
- Date: December 17, 2015
- Description: This demo explains how to add a Supplier, review an existing Supplier, change the address for a Supplier, update Supplier information, and how to inactivate a Supplier. In addition, we will show you how the Supplier information is displayed on a Purchase Order.
- Audience: Finance staff, anyone responsible for Accounts Payable
- Personalizing PeopleSoft (HCM and Finance)
- Date: November 19, 2015
- Description: We demonstrate how to personalize areas within PeopleSoft (Finance and HCM) including the customizing the Home Screen, adding/editing/deleting Favorites, alphabetically perma-sorting the Main Menu, turning off Autocomplete, personalizing Columns (grid), and personalizing the tab order on pages.
- Audience: Any PeopleSoft user (Finance or HCM)
- Direct Journals Deposits
- Date: Thursday, October 15, 2015
- Description: This demo focuses on the creation of Direct Journal Deposits in PeopleSoft Finance and troubleshooting.
- Audience: Finance staff, anyone responsible for Journal entry
- Viewing an Existing Purchase Order
- Date: Thursday, September 17, 2015
- Description: In this demo we walk through the areas on the Maintain Purchase Orders page and explain the different components used for Purchase Orders.
- Audience: Finance staff, Purchasing staff, Accounts Payable staff, anyone who deals with Purchase Orders
- Review of Benefits Administration
- Date: Thursday, August 20, 2015
- Description: We provide an overview of PeopleSoft Benefits Administration and demonstrate how a new hire is enrolled in benefits.
- Audience: HCM staff, anyone responsible for Benefits Administration
- Budget Inquiry
- Date: Thursday, July 16, 2015
- Description: This demo covers Budget Overview and Details in the PeopleSoft Finance Commitment Control module. We show how to view summarized budget information, drill down to the Budget Detail level, and how to run and view budget reports.
- Audience: District office staff involved in Commitment Control
- Introduction to PeopleSoft
- Date: Thursday, June 18, 2015
- Description: In this demo we explain how to log in to the PeopleSoft Portal, launch Finance and HCM, navigate, search and view results, and run a report. We also introduce new terminology and rules of thumb. While most of this was conducted in the Finance environment, we also show HCM (Human Capital Management) screens.
- Audience: Any PeopleSoft user (Finance or HCM)
- Finance Workflow
- Date: Thursday, May 21, 2015
- Description: This is a demo of PeopleSoft Finance Workflow. Workflow is used to route certain documents for approvals based on characteristics of the document. In Finance, workflow is available for purchase requisitions, direct entry purchase orders, direct entry vouchers, journal entries, and budget adjustments.
- Audience: Finance staff, anyone responsible for determining how documents (requisitions, purchase orders, budget adjustments, etc.) should route.
- Adding a New Hire from Start to Finish
- Date: Thursday, April 16, 2015
- Description: In this demo we go through our New Hires Checklist and demonstrate how to enter a new hire in PeopleSoft HR, Benefits, and Payroll (Additional Pay, General Deductions, Federal Tax Data, Direct Deposit). We also show high level information about Time & Labor (Time Reporter Data, Timesheet).
- Audience: District office staff involved in HR, Benefits, Absence, Time & Labor, and/or Payroll.
- Finance Queries
- Date: Thursday, March 19, 2015
- Description: We demonstrate how to use the Query Viewer screen and show some sample Finance queries to run as HTML (for viewing onscreen) and Excel. We also explain how to create simple pivot tables in Excel using the exported data.
- Audience: Finance staff, anyone who exports data to Excel
- Personnel Action Forms (PAF)
- Date: Thursday, February 19, 2015
- Description: This demo covers PeopleSoft Personnel Action Forms (PAFs). The PAF is a way to perform common HR jobs in PeopleSoft by routing them through the various people who must either review, add information, or approve before it goes on to the next reviewer. The focus of this demo is using the PAF to add a new position.
- Audience: Human Resources staff and persons responsible for creating, approving, reviewing, and/or processing Personnel Action Forms
- Procure-to-Pay Process
- Date: Thursday, January 15, 2015
- Description: In this demo we explain the PeopleSoft Procure-to-Pay Process. We walk through each step of this process in PeopleSoft beginning with creating a requisition to issuing an AP warrant. Covers requisitions, purchase orders, and AP vouchers.
- Audience: Finance staff, Purchasing staff, Accounts Payable staff, anyone who creates requisitions for ordering items and services