ESS stands for Employee Self-Service. Here are some things to know about PeopleSoft ESS when you are logging in to view a paycheck for the first time.
1. The URL for PeopleSoft ESS is https://ess.erp.sdcoe.net.
2. You need to know your Employee ID in order to log in. Your Employee ID is your user name.
3. The first time you log in you must use the temporary default password assigned to you. Please ask your organization's PeopleSoft contacts if you do not know your temporary default password.
4. If you cannot log in, please contact your organization's PeopleSoft contacts who reset passwords.
5. You can use ESS from home/work or anywhere.
6. To view your paycheck, make sure you disable your browser's pop-up blocker. The PDF paycheck will try to pop up in a new tab/window.
7. There are two useful resources to help you. These are on the ESS login page (prior to logging in) and also on the CRC Guides & Job Aids page.
9. You are encouraged to set up your security question (pp.2-3 of Viewing Your Paycheck in ESS). That way you can later use the "Forgot My Password" link on the ESS login page to have a new temporary password emailed to you in the event that you forget your password.
10. You can log in to ESS prior to payday, you just won’t see a paycheck stub or the compensation split information until payday.