posted Mar 13, 2014, 1:36 PM by Peyri Herrera
updated Apr 1, 2014, 11:58 AM
This is a reminder that you should never let PeopleSoft create a NEW ID when you add a person. Always enter the employee’s Legacy ID.
BEFORE YOU ADD A NEW HIRE:
- Search PeopleSoft to see if you can find the person.
- If you find the person, follow the directions found on Hiring from Other School District on p.35 of the HR guide. This is where you add the relationship and complete the Job Data tabs.
- If you do not find the person, go to Step 2.
- Search Legacy to see if you can find the person.
- If you find the person, write down the employee’s ID. Go to Step 3 where you will use this ID to add the person in PeopleSoft.
- NEW: If you do not find the person, contact MITI by calling Flora Pourzamani (858-569-3013) or Joan Smith (858-569-3017). Provide the following information: SS#, SS Name, Warrant Last Name, Warrant First Name, Warrant Middle Name, Gender, Birthdate. MITI will need to create the employee in Legacy and give you the employee’s ID. After you get the ID, then go to Step 3 where you will enter this ID to add the person in PeopleSoft.
- In PeopleSoft, go to Add a Person and complete the directions that begin on p.22 of the HR guide. DO NOT DEFAULT THE PERSON ID TO "NEW"--INSTEAD, ENTER THE LEGACY ID THAT YOU FOUND (OR THAT WAS GIVEN TO YOU BY MITI).
To summarize, do not let PeopleSoft assign a new ID to an employee.