For Preliminary districts
The purpose of this announcement is to make you aware of a known issue related to entering time and absence on the Timesheet in one transaction, how to correctly enter time and absences for an employee, how to determine if any employees are impacted, and, if so, how to make fixes. If you have questions about this information or need help fixing an employee’s time, please contact the SDCOE CRC by creating a HEAT Self-Service ticket or by calling (800) 289-1500 and pressing “3” for HCM.
KNOWN ISSUE: Entering regular or exception time and an absence event in one transaction causes a problem for the time entry.
When you enter regular or exception time on the Timesheet screen and also add an Absence Event (same transaction) then click the Submit button to save both, the system will correctly save the Absence Event time with the proper status value but will incorrectly save the regular/exception time with a blank Reported Time Status. The blank status only occurs when you enter time and absences in one Submit transaction. Time entries with a blank Reported Time Status will not get processed by Payroll.
HOW TO CORRECTLY ENTER TIME AND ABSENCES:
When you need to enter both time and absences for an employee, enter the time first and click the Submit button to save the time entries. This will assign the proper status to the Reported Time. Then you can enter the absences and click the Submit button to save them. Entering the time as separate Submit transactions will prevent the Reported Time from being assigned an invalid blank status.
HOW TO DETERMINE IF ANY EMPLOYEES HAVE TIME WITH A “BLANK” REPORTED TIME STATUS:
You are encouraged to run the Reported Time Audit query (M_TL_REPORTED_TIME_AUDIT) to review your reported time to make sure that none of the entries have a blank status. When you run this query you can download the results to an Excel spreadsheet then filter on the Reported Status column for blanks. If you find any time entries with a Reported Status of blanks you will have to correct those entries in order for the employee to get paid.
HOW TO FIX AN EMPLOYEE WITH A “BLANK” REPORTED TIME STATUS:
The only way to correct a time entry with a blank Reported Time Status is to delete that entry from the Timesheet and re-enter it. You can correct the blank Reported Time Status issue by following these steps.
1. Keep the M_TL_REPORTED_TIME_AUDIT results available so you know which employee(s) have the blank Reported Status and on which date(s).
2. Access the Timesheet screen for the employee.
3. On the Timesheet screen change the View By to "Day" and set the Date to the date of the time entry with the blank Reported Time Status using the calendar icon, then click the Refresh button.
4. You should now see time for the specific day displayed on the Timesheet. You should also see a plus sign (+) and minus sign (-) at the far right-hand side of the Timesheet row. On the Reported Time Status tab you will see a blank Status for the time on that day. This is the time you need to delete from the Timesheet and re-enter. Make a note of the hours, units of work or amount for that day, the TRC and Combination Code.
5. Click the minus sign (-) on the Timesheet row to delete the time with the blank Reported Time Status. When prompted click the Yes - Delete button.
6. Click the Submit button to save the Timesheet changes and click the OK button on the Submit Confirmation screen.
7. The Reported Time Status tab should not have any time entries. You are now ready to re-enter the original time on the Timesheet.
8. Enter the hours, units of work or amount you noted earlier along with the TRC and Combination Code into the Timesheet for the specified day.
9. Click the Submit button to save the re-entered time and click the OK button on the Submit Confirmation screen.
10. The Reported Time Status tab should now list the time entry with a valid Status value.
11. If the employee has multiple days with blank Reported Time Status repeat the above steps for each day. You can also repeat the above steps for any other employees having a blank Reported Time Status on the M_TL_REPORTED_TIME_AUDIT query spreadsheet.