Effective Monday, June 29, 2015, users with access to the Job Data screen can now use the Notepad feature. This feature enables you to write and view existing notes specific to a Job Data and Empl Record number. These notes can be viewed and new notes can be added by other users who have security access to this feature. When new notes are added they are date and time stamped with the name and ID of the creator of the note.
Here is where you see the Notepad feature on the Job Data screen. It appears on all tabs (Work Location, Job Information, Job Labor, etc.) on the right side of the screen.
If the Notepad icon has lines on it, it means there is a note entered.
Creating a Note on a Job Data Record
1. Navigate to Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data.
2. Find the desired employee for whom you would like to add a note. If the employee has multiple job Record, select the appropriate job record that your note applies to.
3. Click the Notes icon. The screen will change to the Job Data Notepad.
4. Click Add a New Note.
5. Enter a Subject and Note Text. If desired, use the spell check feature to check your spelling before saving your note.
6. Click Save. Click Return to Note Selection Page (to go back to the notes page) or Job Data Page (to go back to Job Data). The icon now has lines on it.
NOTE: The originator of the note is the only one that can edit or delete their note(s).
IMPORTANT! If Correct History is used to delete a Job Data row for this Empl Record number, all notes entered on the Empl Record number will be lost.