posted Mar 8, 2016, 5:02 PM by Peyri Herrera
The CRC updated several Finance guides in February and March 2016. Below is a list of our updated guides with a brief description of the changes.
Introduction to PeopleSoft (INTRO)
- Introduction to PeopleSoft Guide v2.0.pdf: Use this guide to get started with PeopleSoft. Covers logging in to the Portal, launching apps, navigating, searching, running reports, personalizing PeopleSoft, and getting help. Updated 01/28/16, v2.0. (43 pp.)
Changes in this version: In Part III added Personalize Columns and Personalize Data Entry Tab Order on a Page.
Budget Monitoring (KK)
- KK1 Budget Inquiry Guide v4.0.pdf: This guide is for staff responsible for reviewing and troubleshooting control budgets done in the KK module. Covers budget reports and inquiries. Version 4.0, updated 01/20/16. (40 pp.)
Changes in this version: In Part III added Revised Budget Summary Report; minor changes to improve usability.
- KK2 Manage and Approve Budgets Guide v4.0.pdf: This guide is for staff responsible for maintaining and approving control budgets in the KK module. Covers budget accounts, journals and ledgers, as well as entering and approving budgets. Version 4.0, updated 01/20/16. (40 pp.)
Changes in this version: In Part IV added Working/Interim Budget Allocation; minor changes to improve usability.
Financial Asset Management (FAM)
- FAM1 Financial Asset Management Guide v2.0.pdf: This guide covers the full functionality of Assets Management which includes recordkeeping of asset items for capital ($5000) and/or physical assets ($500). This also covers maintenance of asset items which includes depreciation, inquiry and running reports. Updated 02/04/16, v2.0 (68 pp.)
Changes in this version: In Part I added flowcharts and additional terminology; in Part II, added more information about assets transactions; in Part III included information about using M_FAM_PREINTFC to audit the data; minor changes to improve usability.
General Ledger (GL)
- GL1 General Ledger Guide v4.0.pdf: This guide is for staff responsible for entering and approving journals entries and auditor’s transfers and maintenance in the General Ledger module. It covers journal creation, editing, submitting, approving, posting, verifying, and printing. Updated 02/02/16, v4.0. (142 pp.)
Changes in this version: Reorganized the guide’s sections to improve usability and other minor cosmetic changes.
- IN1 Inventory Guide v4.2.pdf: This guide is for staff responsible for direct control and maintenance of warehouse items. It covers how to use PeopleSoft for complete management of warehouse items. Version 4.2, updated 02/26/16 (141 pp.)
Changes in this version: Moved the flowcharts to Parts III and Part VI; in Part VI updated the Replenishment flowchart; minor changes to improve usability.
- PeopleSoft Finance Manager Approvals Guide v1.0.pdf: This guide is for "approvers", typically Managers, who need to approve items in PeopleSoft Finance. It explains how a first-time user can get started, then shows two methods for approvals (email link and Finance worklist). Version 1.0, updated 02/26/16. (14 pp.)
This is a new guide.
- PeopleSoft Procure to Pay Process Guide v1.2.pdf: This guide provides an overview to the procure-to-pay process in PeopleSoft. It covers the relationships between requisitions, POs, receipts, and vouchers. It includes key concepts and purchasing scenarios, and how to view/add/modify/inactivate category codes. Version 1.2, updated 02/03/16. (19 pp.)
Changes in this version: Minor changes to improve usability.
- PO1 Requisitions Guide v4.0.pdf: This guide is for staff responsible for entering and maintaining requisitions for items to be purchased. The complete PO1 guide is used in PO1A training (Purchasing Dept) and an excerpt is used for PO1B training (School Sites & Departments). Updated 02/03/16, v4.0. (88 pp.)
Changes in this version: Reorganized Part I for better flow and readability; in Part I added a Flowchart to call out the use of Requisition Settings; in Part II added a “Before You Begin” section with a ChartStrings worksheet and information on how to personalize columns for ChartString on the Express Item Entry screen.
- PO2 Purchase Orders Guide v4.0.pdf: This guide is for staff responsible for buying goods and services using Purchase Orders. Updated 04/16/16, Version 4.0. (123 pp.)
Changes in this version: In Part I, added more information to Viewing an Existing Purchase Order (Field Definitions); added Part V: Reconcile Requisitions and POs with four topics; in Part VIII added a list of queries.
- PO3 Receiving Goods and RTVs Guide v3.0.pdf: This guide is for staff responsible for receiving and returning goods using Purchase Orders. Version 3.0, updated 2/17/16. (45 pp.)
Changes in this version: In Part I added a sample Receipt Delivery Report; minor changes to improve usability.