posted Jun 29, 2016, 4:11 PM by Peyri Herrera
- A combination code (combo code) is a key that defines a combination of ChartFields. When you run processes to post transactions to the general ledger, the combination code identifies the ChartFields to include on each transaction.
- A valid combination code is a combination of ChartFields that are valid in general ledger.
- Combo Codes are pointers to the ChartStrings consisting of a valid combination of Fund, Resource, Goal, Function, Object, Site, Operating Unit, and Project Year.
- Combo codes are only in HCM (not Finance).
- Combo codes appear on the DBT, Timesheet, and PAF (Personnel Action Form).
- DBT: Main Menu > Set Up HCM > Product Related > Commitment Accounting > Budget Information > Department Budget Table USA
- Timesheet: Main Menu > Manager Self Service > Time Management > Report Time > Timesheet
- PAF: Main Menu > SDCOE Custom > Human Resources > PAF Request
- A process creates combo codes in HCM. You do not manually create combo codes. First you enter the budget in Finance. Then a process runs 3x per day to create the combo code in HCM. The Combo Code staging process runs at 10:00 am, 3:00 pm, and 11:00 pm. The Combo Code build process runs at 10:30 am, 3:30 pm, and 11:30 pm (takes 3-4 hours). The combo code is then available in HCM.
- The Combo Code table is at Main Menu > Set Up HCM > Product Related > Commitment Accounting > Budget Information > Combination Code Table. The M_HR_POSN_BUDG is required to access this screen.
- The suspense combo codes for deductions are 000019393 for districts and 000385675 for charter schools.
- The suspense combo codes for taxes are 000019392 for districts and 000385676 for charter schools.
- These four queries are useful for looking at combo codes.
- M_KK_COMBO_ACCTS_LIST - Combo codes with account strings
- M_KK_COMBO_ACCTS_LIST_DESCRIPT - Combo codes with descriptions and account strings
- M_DBT_EARN_TAB - DBT Earning Tab data
- M_KK_POSIT_COMBO_ACCTS_LIST - Combo Codes Accounts list by position
For more information, please refer to the June 2016 Third Thursday Demo called “Combo Codes 101
” and its companion Combo Codes PowerPoint